RFI

Re: [RFI] Sine wave correction for small generators

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Sine wave correction for small generators
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 23:10:21 -0700
On 10/31/2020 8:06 PM, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:
I am considering adding a 60 Hz "tuned circuit" in line after my emergency 7500
watt
generator.

Without addressing your proposal, I will suggest the choke that W6GJB and I jointly designed and he built for our county expeditions and FD. A few years ago it was added to the ARRL Handbook. It's described, with photos, on page 23 of my latest update to http://k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Make sure to get this from my website, not from someone who has (without my permission) posted an older version on his website. :) I've added lots of new stuff (and removed other stuff when this old dog learned new tricks) in more than a half dozen revisions since first publishing it in 2007.

73, Jim K9YC