RFI

Re: [RFI] 13,000 Lumens - 150 watts - bad RFI

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 13,000 Lumens - 150 watts - bad RFI
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 20:44:51 -0500
Roger Jim

Thanks for the great help

73
Tim K3LR

-----Original Message-----
From: RFI [mailto:rfi-bounces+k3lr=k3lr.com@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Jim
Brown
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 8:40 PM
To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 13,000 Lumens - 150 watts - dad RFI

On 11/11/2020 5:22 PM, Tim Duffy wrote:
> Bad RFI on all bands RX at K3LR. Will #31 ferrite on the 120 VAC power
line
> (at the light) - many turns - fix this bad actor?

Probably yes. I'd start with the filter that W6GJB and I worked out for
use on 2000i generators, described on page 23 of k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf It
was added to the ARRL Handbook a year or two ago.

Note that it's critical that all three conductors go through the choke,
and they should NOT be twisted.

73, Jim K9YC