RFI

[RFI] Chokes for RFI...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Chokes for RFI...
From: John Altman <wa4aip@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 11:35:13 -0600
Hi group,

Yes, following on Ray’s comment, I too would like more info specifically on
defeating “home theatre” RFI.

I recently added a new 200 watt transceiver and I now have audio/tv RFI in my
Daughters home theatre system next door.  One thing I see right off is the huge
sub woofer has a ~12ft cable run!

There are lots of so-called  “cures” in the market, but before I drop a bundle
of money I would appreciate some professional advise for a potential cure!  Jim
Brown has in-depth suggestions in his archives, including ferrites and chokes.

Thanks and Happy Holidays...

John
WA4AIP
ARRL Charter Life Member