RFI

Re: [RFI] New RFI

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New RFI
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 00:40:52 -0600

On 1/13/21 12:06 AM, K9MA wrote:
aside from the lady 25 years ago who was going to "Shoot my tower down"

Reminds me of the only complaint I have had many years ago. Three houses up i got a call and their son proceeded to cuss me out saying I was interfering with their TV. I was on 6m HSMS at 100w. He said he was going to call the FCC. I am usually a slow methodical thinker but on this occasion I responded "Call em, I will get your their phone number. Be glad for them to inspect my station as I'm sure I'm legal".

This was in the day when most were on a TV antenna around here. I looked to see what type antenna it was and it was one of those wing type camper antennas aside the house at maybe 15' trying to pick up Memphis some 50-60 miles away. Geez no wonder. Pretty sure he was drunk. I grew up with him being in cub scouts together. Since I have seen him at Walmart several times and he is about as nice as anyone can be, lol.

Chuck
AF4O