RFI

[RFI] Tin roof

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Tin roof
From: John Altman <wa4aip@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 15:08:39 -0500
Dave and Mike, thank you for your comments.

It is my brothers project, he is building a dedicated structure for his shack.
He uses a 20-10 yagi, balun at the antenna, RG8 coax, generally barefoot,
occasionally kicking in a 500w tube amp.  I am helping him with shack and tower
grounding layout.

He has a Hustler 4BTV vertical which will be located some 50 feet from the
shack.  It can be relocated if necessary.

My feeling are that there would probably be little pattern distortion and the
proper grounding systems should eliminate any shack RFI.  I had thought of the
EXNEC modeling.

In summary, I have never had to contend with a tin roof scenario thus, the
question to the group.

Thanks again,

John
WA4AIP