RFI

Re: [RFI] New Interference at kk0sd

To: gary_mayfield@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] New Interference at kk0sd
From: Gary Johnson <gwj@wb9jps.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 16:41:34 -0700
I agree it really sounds like arcing associated with power lines, even though
yours are underground. But I had that same sonic signature here, and the root
cause was a big TIG welder that a neighbor had just plugged into 240. Not using
it mind you, just idle. I told him something was generating noise in his garage
and when he threw the breaker, that was it. He was a qualified electrical
installer and right away he figured out there was probably a connection problem
in the welder. I never heard exactly what he fixed, but that solved it.

No problem at all triangulating it with my trusty loop antenna. It was 20 over
S9 on most bands...
http://wb9jps.com/Gary_Johnson/RFI_files/Handheld_DF_Antenna.pdf

73,
Gary Johnson NA6O