RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise Canceller how-to video

To: rfi <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise Canceller how-to video
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 05:02:46 -0500
For years my radio life was miserable due to a large plasma TV next
door.  It faced my house and yard and the neighbors wouldn't replace
it (for FREE even) and watched a lot of live action sports, the worst
noise generator of all.  And they were the types who flipped on the TV
when they got up and left it on until bedtime.  Almost 100% of my
operating is on 75 and 160 m. and 160 in particular was wiped out.  I
tried a lot of antennas but the ONLY thing that worked was a pair of
rotatable Pixel Loops and a NCC-1.  I steered each loop to put the TV
in its null and used the NCC1 to phase out what was left.  After years
of frustration I was treated to nothing but band hiss with that thing
raging next door.

73
Rob
K5UJ