RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 220, Issue 7

To: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 220, Issue 7
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 16:17:01 -0700
Phillips Lab on KAFB / Albuquerque:  1-foot long blue, diameter of my little finger,  20 kV _direct current_ arc.  Something to seriously respect!!!  But we had fun playing on Uncle's provisions.......

Due to malfunctioning equipment, or on purpose?

I had a rotary spark gap in the early 90's running ~45kW. If I turned on HV before the motor, as it slowly spun up, I could get a tornado of bright blue/violet plasma 24" across with two to three twists as the arcs drew out before resonance. Very exciting, but not how it normally operated.

I imagine if any of this is anywhere within the residential power infrastructure it may be time to change into ones brown pants.

"One that won't sink when loaded with animals........<g>"

C'MON!  OK, now THAT is funny!

Kurt