RFI

[RFI] Filtration main/power supply/UPS

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Filtration main/power supply/UPS
From: Hugo Loranger <ve2_ugo@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 04:54:14 +0000
Hi,

I notice that several guides exist to filter our coaxial lines and several
contradictions in my research.

However, I am looking for a starting point to filter our power lines.
I recently purchased 2 UPS Cyberpower pure sinewave under recommendation in a
guide. When running on battery I have more noise S9.
I thought I would get 2 boxes in metal for filtration for entry and exit with
toroids. I don't want to have to redo multiple filters so I would like a big
wideband filter that would shut down pretty much everything. I have toroid #61,
#31 and #75. I intend to do my windings with # 10 wire.

What are the windings that I should respect?

To do this, I will take the opportunity to put a filter at the 120v output
point which supplies my entire shack (computer and station).
Currently, I have a Tripp Lite PDUMH20-ISO pdu on my spg which feeds the 2
Cyberpower ups.
1 of the ups feeds the radio station and the other the computer system.
At the end of each ups he there is another pdu Tripp Lite PDUMH20-ISO.
I think the is good.
So I would like to add an excellent filter before the 1st pdu and to filter
each ups in and out ...
I have already added clip on # 31 ferrites to the cables with no results. So
I'm going to go with something better like a series of toroid of different
types in series. Can you guide me?

I also don't see any recommendation to filter the ground. However, if the
ground is considered "dirty" then it should be filtered too ...

Thanks!

Hugo