RFI

[RFI] Solar array RFI info to use to educate community group

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Solar array RFI info to use to educate community group
From: <ve3yv@pathcom.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 09:34:00 -0400
Can someone point me to an article or web site with factual information that
describes RFI problems and solutions for solar power array interference that
would be considered credible for community groups working on green
initiatives?

An initial contact with a local initiative raisng a concern got this not
unexpected response:

---

As for your concerns about PV systems, I chaired the Downtown West Solar
Energy Project 14 years ago, and have maintained an interest in PV ever
since.  I've never EVER heard of the RFI problem, which makes me think this
is not a big problem.   Europe does indeed have more restrictive laws than
we do to prevent pollution of all kinds.    You don't mention which
components of PV systems create the RFI problem.  Has the inverter been
identified as the culprit?   Those are usually installed in basements, which
makes it unlikely that they send radio waves with any strength out through
basement walls.    Please send me any documentation you have on PVs as a
source of RFI.

---

That's a fair question.  I'd like to provide a suitable response.

TNX!

73,  George VE3YV / K8HI