RFI

Re: [RFI] TinySA as an RFI research tool

To: Hugo Loranger <ve2_ugo@hotmail.com>, "RFI@contesting.com" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] TinySA as an RFI research tool
From: Lee STRAHAN <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 03:26:11 +0000
Hugo and all,
      I have looked at and tried the TinySA as an interference testing tool.
The sensitivity of the Tiny Sa only goes down to -100 dBm. I was thinking at
some point I would add a 20 dB preamp and try it again. As it is by itself with
the short vertical it is not sensitive enough to pick up much RFI. I
specifically am referring to 40, 80, and 160 meters. I did not try it on VHF
with a small beam. In addition, the small vertical antenna supplied with the
TinySA swings freely on its connector and will not stay vertical or horizontal.
Lee   K7TJR   OR