RFI

Re: [RFI] Fwd: Water treatment system RFI?

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fwd: Water treatment system RFI?
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 17:50:52 -0700
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory evaluated one and found it had no effect:
  https://www.osti.gov/biblio/567404

Wow, and years afterward, they were moving across the US like a plague. A few years ago these came up in a forum, and I did some research, I think it was Germany that banned even possession of them due to RFI.

A few computers ago, so probably on floppies somewhere, I had archived numerous recordings of the different sounds of RFI produced by different models throughout the Ham bands. There was even pages dedicated to just the noise these produce, identified by make, model, mode of operation, installation quality (wires tightly coiled as in the pics, compared to wires flopped about near pipes), bands, et cetera. I wish I could recall the main page, but I do recall all the recordings were in the now less popular .rm media format. A quick search of the web for keywords I recall didn't bring anything up. I'm still in a forum where there was a lot of talk at the time, I'll ask there.

Kurt