RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from mini-splits.

To: "w6rgs@cox.net" <w6rgs@cox.net>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from mini-splits.
From: "Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 02:47:07 +0000
If we can, let's expand this a bit. One thing I have to tell members often is
that ARRL really doesn't know which systems of all types may be RFI-quiet
because hams don't ever call to tell us that a particular system is not causing
interference.  So, let's see if we can get some "quiet system" reports, too.

I will add a caveat, and that is that just because Model A of a particular
manufacturer may be clean, Model B may not be.  Also, designs change over time
and we have known manufacturers to not install filtering components.  Also, the
big box stores may buy a run of a particular product from Manufacturer X and
then when they go stock out, they put it out for bid and may buy the next
version from Manufacturer Y, possibly with the same SKU number.

It's a tricky world and there are hundreds of thousands of models sold, so even
knowing the good guys and the bad guys this year, the way technology changes,
even one year later, it would be hard to rely on the data.

Ed, W1RFI