RFI

Re: [RFI] CASE HISTORY - Powerline - Multiple Sources

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CASE HISTORY - Powerline - Multiple Sources
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:55:22 -0500

On 9/23/21 12:04 PM, Charles Plunk wrote:
Similar story here also with exception of pole change outs and competent DF personnel (not sure of the current status of this as I have done all my own df'ing fior years since the last horrible experience with so called DF personnel........). Most of my issues have been with the 2 poles in my front and back yard. I too had numerous sources fixed eons ago by a then soon to retire competent DF person. Since then its been like playing whack a mole. Fix one, a period of some relief, another takes over.

I am hesitant though to suggest pole change outs and have reason to believe they would not do. It has been mentioned this can make things worse for adjacent old poles moving all the hardware around. Maybe better long term though. But wow, yes if they changed out the 13 close poles to me that is a dream. I would settle for about 4 since most all my 120hz RFI is on a 3 phase run and not the single phase or other poles.

Some hope though. Last spring I contacted the utility, at least they were talking a good game and came out quickly to fix one issue I tracked down. Think it has to do with a new CEO and possibly heightened awareness of the issue. I have 2 sources primarily now that are intermittent with humidity and getting worse with the dryer weather. When those 2 are absent though its down to very weak 120hz and some weak junk coming from houses but very tolerable to me.

On another note, I did get a new router in and some WIFI links. Going to abandon my wired system and hopefully get rid of those birdies. Should have a pile of toroids after that, lol.

Chuck
W4NBO