RFI

Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis

To: Gary Peterson <kzerocx@rap.midco.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 21:55:25 -0400
Hi Gary,

All of the annual measurements appeared to be at the fully licensed daytime
power level of 5 KW but the station was running much more power than this
to the surprise of the engineer when we entered the transmitter room and he
could not understand how this happened.  We backed the power level back
down to 5 KW and the splatter was still present.  I suspect the run away
transmitter (unexpected high power level) was all related to the failure
that occurred in the transmitter that was also related to the splatter
issue, but we will never know for sure.  All we know is that the pulse
duration modulator was recapped, the transmitter is back to full daytime
power level of 5 KW, and the splatter is gone.

73,
Don (wd8dsb)