RFI

[RFI] Video Game RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Video Game RFI
From: Tom Crothers <tcrothers57@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 12:18:41 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I know nothing about current video games.  I do know however that my
neighbors' children play them frequently.  It came to my attention after
correlating strong RFI on 40 meters that it is related to their activity
playing with their video games.

The interference signature that I'm seeing appears to be only on 40
meters.  It appears as a rapidly increasing and expanding signal on my
panadaptor scope on my rigs (IC-7850, Flex 6700, Anan 8000DLE, IC-705).
The RFI pattern repeats every 20 to 40 Khz, and has very strong audio that
varies in intensity from a raspy tone to a whaling tone.  The individual
peaks on my panadaptors vary in bandwidth and increase as the RFI
continues, and the audio signature varies in intensity as well.  It makes
40 meters un-usable during the interference sessions.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks and 73,

Tom
W8NA