RFI

Re: [RFI] Network Switch Suggestions

To: "ed_richardson@shaw.ca" <ed_richardson@shaw.ca>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Network Switch Suggestions
From: James Gordon Beattie Jr <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 02:58:56 +0000
Ed,
I use a Netgear Smartswitch, shielded CAT6 cable and the Ethernet isolators
from DX Engineering.
These measures reduced noise AND allowed my amplifier to operate at 1,500W
output without resetting my network.  Win win all around.

I have a Flexradio 6600, PG XL amplifier and a Mikrotik HaP Routerboard running
AREDN mesh code plugged in the switch.  The HaP Routerboard provides a Wi-Fi
hotspot for the computers.  The HaP Routerboard also has its ports wired with
shielded CAT6 and the DX Engineering Ethernet isolators.  For the remote RF
AREDN mesh node, I ran a cable out of the shack away from the antennas to a POE
injector that powers the remote RF AREDN mesh node.
This diligence seems to have paid off.

73,
Gordon Beattie,  W2TTT
201.314.6964