RFI

Re: [RFI] IR Illuminator for Security Cameras

To: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] IR Illuminator for Security Cameras
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 19:03:04 +0000
There is a standard FCC paragraph required for all Part 15, Class B (Home
and Small Office) products.  It's required by FCC.   No big thing.

Here is the required statement:

This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a
Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits
are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference
in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can
radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance
with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio
communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not
occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful
interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by
turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct
the interference by one or more of the following measures:

   - Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
   - Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
   - Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that
   to which the receiver is connected.
   - Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.

Dave - WØLEV

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 6:56 PM Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com> wrote:

> I have a couple of south facing security cameras that I  have tucked
> under the soffits of my high desert cabin so they don't get baked by the
> high desert sun. The tradeoff for this is that I am getting glare off
> the soffit from the camera's built-in IR LED arrays which spoils the
> night vision image quality. I am thinking of purchasing some external IR
> LED arrays to solve this problem.
>
> I found a positive review of this illuminator, but I got a little
> worried when I saw the FCC part 15 warning prominently displayed in the
> user manual:
>

> https://www.amazon.com/CMVision-IRP12-850nm-WideAngle-Power-Illuminator/dp/B00Q156IPE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1503002750&sr=8-1&keywords=irp12-850&linkCode=sl1&tag=stf03-20&linkId=1ea87920d2d4d067e723c3100182acbe
>
> I am not aware of any interference from the IR LED arrays that are built
> into the cameras, but just in case these illuminators are more
> problematic I thought I would run this by the reflector before I press
> the "add to cart" button.
>
> Thanks,

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*