RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI into OTA TV antenna with amp

To: na6mb.mike@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI into OTA TV antenna with amp
From: Gary Johnson via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 21:50:01 -0800
My next door neighbor put up one of those preamplified antennas and TVI was a
problem immediately due to close proximity to my vertical. Adding a good
old-fashioned 30 MHz LPF (Bencher) cured this particular case. Maybe worth a
try but I bet it's overloading on the fundamental rather than harmonics. A HPF
before the preamp could fix it, but that's likely impossible to do that since
the thing is an integrated package. A choke on the feedline is probably your
only hope; follows Jim’s guidelines and place it close to the TV antenna. Or
move the TV antenna as far away from your Yagi as possible.

-Gary NA6O