RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Edge RFI Filter Installation Report

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Edge RFI Filter Installation Report
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 08:03:45 -0600
I do not have this solar issue, yet...but have been following with great interest this thread as well as others. Residential solar, around here, is very rare to see, so far...probably due to electric rates lower than the NE U.S. etc. And high initial cost, low income area here.

A common theme though with solar SMPS, Inverter systems, etc seems to be company filters usually do not work for at least hf rfi and properly installed toroids on the cabling usually does work. I noticed this same theme when looking at talk about the SMPS in HVAC systems and other systems. I know this maybe overly simplistic and I know retrofitting with toroids is a lot of work/expense for the solar companies but never the less. Correct me if I am wrong.

https://palomar-engineers.com/rfi-kits/solar-system-rfi

Chuck

W4NBO

I found that the noise is essentially the same as it was prior to the filter installation.