RFI

[RFI] Repeater Desense from Tower Light? Or what is it??

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Repeater Desense from Tower Light? Or what is it??
From: <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 11:01:05 -0500
Greetings to the group,

    Last night I was monitoring our county skywarn net on 2M as storms went
through our area.  On a number of the marginal stations, the ones that were in
that 'almost full quieting' signal level into the repeater I observed what I
thought was a desense hit.  That meaning  where the signal went from almost
full quieting to a bit noisy (> 20 dB quieting).  It would toggle up and down
and then I realized that the so called desense had a cadence.   About one
second on and then maybe 2 seconds, or something like that.  I quickly realized
it the was tower light.  Has anyone seen this or maybe dealt with something
like this?  The light and antennas are at 400', and the repeater is in the
bunker at the tower base.   Thanks in advance.

73  Mike  K9MK