RFI

Re: [RFI] HVAC - some observations

To: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] HVAC - some observations
From: James Jordan <k4qpl2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 23:00:31 -0400
True. Maybe widespread spectrum pollution, which is what it really is, should
be treated as an environmental problem and not a communications issue alone.
And yes, ARRL shouldn’t have to carry the full load. What if Solar and HVAC had
to prove no spectrum pollution to get signed off by UL to legally sell stuff.
Maybe HF is effectively being abandoned and sacrificed in favor of the new
world of devices which generate collateral HF RFI.
Although while spinning the dial I did hear an aviation weather report USB
around 3.3 MHz if I recall from Gander so at least a few services haven’t gone
satellite or UHF. At 35,000 feet over the North Atlantic I guess there’s not
much RFI unless generated on board!
73,
Jim K4QPL

Sent from my iPhone