RFI

Re: [RFI] Interesting power line cable damage found while tracking down

To: RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Interesting power line cable damage found while tracking down power line RFI
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 22:54:12 -0400
Keith (K0gnw) sent me a nice message saying that it looks like Armor Rod is
placed over the conductor cable where I'm seeing the "damaged cable".
Therefore what I said looked like cut strands are probably just the ends of
the Armor Rod which would be normal, but to me it looks like the conductor
cable has been stretched or melted and is necking down where it meets the
Armor Rod on the one suspicious looking cable.  Will be interesting to see
what the utility company finds.

Many thanks to Keith for educating me on the Armor Rod as well as Hot-Line
Clamps.

Just FYI,
Don (wd8dsb)