RFI

[RFI] Another Solar Panel RFI Victim

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Another Solar Panel RFI Victim
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 20:16:48 -0500
All:

A few years ago, I posted a video on solar panel RFI and it's affect on HF. Since then, I've heard from many hams who've experienced the same issue. Most send emails but a few post comments on my Youtube channel like the one below received yesterday from MI5UTC in Ireland:

"I see exactly the same here with my recently installed SolarEdge system. My IC7300 is pretty much unusable during the day until it gets dark."

One of the saddest comments was received last year from a 15 year old SW listener Nick:

"I'm only 15, and super into MW and SW radio, my parents installed solar panels only a few years ago, and I knew it would cause interference. At least by nightfall they shut off for dxing."

The common denominator in nearly all of these solar panel RFI cases (including my own) are systems manufactured by SolarEdge. My case with this company is 6 years old and has yet to be resolved. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9awWs4mwC4

Thankfully, the ARRL continues to work with SolarEdge to find a solution.

Tony -K2MO