RFI

Re: [RFI] : Solar Panerl RFI / noise in sync with music

To: Henry Pfizenmayer <pfizenmayer@q.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] : Solar Panerl RFI / noise in sync with music
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 20:22:01 +0000
It likely was a Class-E amp (or worse).  They can be dirty as $%^& when
stressed (by the strong bass notes).

I once tested a Class-E home automation system with all kinds of Class-E
amps (for intercoms and distribution of music from a number of sources).
It was the ONLY product in 35+ years we had to install an 20 dB attenuator
in series with the input to the R&S conducted emissions receiver!

Dave - WØLEV

On Sun, Dec 25, 2022 at 8:09 PM Henry Pfizenmayer via RFI <
rfi@contesting.com> wrote:

> Mike  et al ---If that was not tongue in cheek as they say -- this last
> summer I started getting thumps of
>
> noise  on 6 meters -and was far worse at 25 mhz --  Then I noticed it was
> in sync with neighbors outside
>
>  speakers  thumping out a strong bass line.  I went out with my IcomR10 rx
> and loop -
> and yep that was the source. The amp was obviously going into oscillation
> in sync with the loud bass notes .
> No use talking to that guy - so I just prayed the damn amp would fry
> itself . Prayers were answered
>
> in just a hour or so and noise never re-appeared.
>

> 73 Hank K7HP
>

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 11:51:20 -0500
> From: Michael Martin <mike@rfiservices.com>
> To: "Dave (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
> Cc: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
> Subject: Re: [RFI] Another Solar Panel RFI System
>
> I'm trying to capture a noise with the intermittency rhythm in sync with
> Christmas music
>
> Michael Martin
> RFI Services
> 51 W Bay Front Rd