RFI

[RFI] Testing LED Lights for Interference potential

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Testing LED Lights for Interference potential
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 15:41:16 -0500
I am anticipating a need for ceiling lights in my refurbished basement, which is directly below my shack.  I bought aCommercial Electric 6" recessed LED fixture part no. 1005 591 792.  After trying unsuccessfully to get any information about the unit from the manufacturer (it is dimmable, hence my concern about active electronics, but from the weight probably has a transformer in it, rather than an SPS).  I connected it to power on my desk (green, black and white wires), and with the light on explored the HF ham bands from 1.8 to 28 MHz, using a spectrum display to look for spikes every X Khz, etc.  I saw, and heard, absolutely nothing. I even touched the center conductor of my receiver's antenna input to the metal backplate of the light, and again, nothing.

Is this a sufficient test?  I would probably need 8-10 of these in the basement ceiling, but it appears that it may be a non-problem.  Opinions?

--
73, Pete N4ZR