RFI

Re: [RFI] Tip on approach to, or where to start looking for new noise so

To: k9mk@flash.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] Tip on approach to, or where to start looking for new noise source
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 20:18:37 +0000
I occasionally detect an electric fence at my rural location.  Mine is a
very sharp pulse every second.  There are other designs and signatures that
serve the same purpose.

Why be so concerned with the "what it is" if it is interfering with your
operations?  Rather attempt to discover "where it is" and then attack the
problem.  Your wasting time and effort to determine specifically "what" it
is.  Do the DFing first and then you know what you are dealing with.

Dave - WØLEV

On Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 6:36 PM <k9mk@flash.net> wrote:

> Greetings to the group,
>
>    This week I discovered something new on the HF bands.  It does get
> stronger on the lower bands.
>    I am not sure what it is (yet).  At first, I thought it was an electric
> fence but now I'm not so sure.
>    I'm seeing five on and off pulses.  The pulse duration is one second on
> (wideband noisy hash) and then off for three.
>    That repeats five times and then it goes quiet for about 30 seconds, and
> then repeats.
>
>    Has anyone else seen something with this signature?  Thanks in advance.
>
> 73, Mike K9MK
>
> PS: My QTH is rural, and the community is mostly cattle ranchers.

*Dave - WØLEV*