RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI when solar array is switched off?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI when solar array is switched off?
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 19:12:53 -0500
Mike:

I have firsthand experience with a neighbors Solar Edge system and I can tell you that it does not generate noise once the system shuts down at night.

This video shows a comparison between the nighttime vs. daytime RFI generated by the system. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukzIIn-Lg4c

It does generate carriers every 100 kHz on 20 meters and above regardless of whether the system is on or off. The carriers are 14098, 14198 on 20 meters.

This is typical of Solar Edge systems in my area. My advice is DO NOT INSTALL SOLAR without a signed agreement with the manufacturer / installer regarding RFI.

My neighbors system is 150 feet away from my antennas and it generates the S-9 plus noise illustrated in the video. I can't imagine what it would be like if installed at my home.

Tony -K2MO