RFI

Re: [RFI] 160m Spur Update :-)

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 160m Spur Update :-)
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 12:12:16 -0500
Bravo - applause to you and everyone at the stations!

73, Pete N4ZR

On 1/15/2023 11:56 AM, Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ wrote:
I received a call from Neil Newman, the CE for the two stations involved in
this spur (1660 & 1380 kHz). Neil suffered a stroke and is recovering in
the hospital - he is very optimistic on making a full recovery. Neil
updated me. Their backup CE, who is also a ham, is following up on the
problem which was likely caused by a recent lightning strike. He also
mentioned that the station on 1660 has been running on daytime pattern 24
hours a day since the lightning strike. Neil asked me to pass on his
appreciation to the amateur community for taking the time to diagnose the
problem and bring this matter to his attention, rather than taking other
courses of action. I will keep this group updated as I learn more.
Bob, WA2SQQ