RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Source

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Source
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 17:07:13 -0600
On 1/31/2023 4:59 PM, K9MA wrote:
I have what appears to be  very strange RFI source: it's very broadband, covering at least the whole 20m band, but it's somehow modulated at 1100 Hz. In AM mode, the 1100 Hz tone is audible and it, as well as the second harmonic show up in the audio spectrum. The tones are present wherever the radio is tuned on 20 meters. It's as if a broadband noise source is modulated at 1100 Hz. I have heard the tone shift frequency. Not a solar system, as it's present at night. Any idea what this could be?

73,

Scott K9MA

Audio spectrum:

https://sdellington.us/hr/RFI/NW%2020m%20AM%2023.01.31.jpg