Re: [RTTY] CW Op Complaints

To: Thomas Giella KN4LF <flcyclone@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CW Op Complaints
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:29:00 -0500
On Nov 7, 2005, at 9:19 AM, Thomas Giella KN4LF wrote:

> I've noticed the increase in complaints from CW ops about other
> modes infringing upon their sacred gentleman's agreement sub bands
> during contests and even during non contest periods. ....
>
> Everytime I operate PSK31, MFSK16 and RTTY below 1810 kc and around
> 7035 kc for DX I suffer intentional CW op interference.

The problem is that there's a few 40m CW operators who can't seem to
get a clue that 40m isn't 300 kHz worldwide, and that RTTY and other
digital modes belong around 7035-7045 kHz. Every time they here a DX
signal here, they go apoplectic.

This will get better in time, when 40m goes to 200 kHz worldwide in
2009. This will allow phone operation to shift upward and take the
pressure off the digital modes to shift downward.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901