[TenTec] Evolution N4PY

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Evolution N4PY
From: Greg Hodsdon" <k7kj@arrl.net (Greg Hodsdon)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:02:23 -0800
I've been using the Pegasus/RX-340 combination since Carl, N4PY
developed the software...maybe 7 or 8 months now.  I believe
this setup is clearly superior to my Omni VI+, which is loaded
with INRAD filters.  The Omni is a good radio but the RX-340 with
the DSP filters, quiet receiver, and immunity to overload makes
it a real winner.  In addition, the GUI, remote keypad/tuning knob
and the clever implementation of the software greatly increases
my enjoyment of the radio.  An 'easy and quick' Omni VII would
be for TT to package the Pegasus circuit boards in the RX-340
enclosure. I would be surprised if we don't see this in the future.

If you can tolerate some poor quality digital photos of the ham
shack, check out the setup at: http://home.attbi.com/~k7kj/
and follow the Pegasus/RX-340 link.

73 de Greg, K7KJ
Portland, OR