[TenTec] Triton II PTO Rebuild

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Triton II PTO Rebuild
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 21:43:47 -0700 (PDT)
Brian,

Why are you doing this?

An old radio like that and now you've got your hands
all greasy. Don't you have a credit card, call up and
order a new Kenwood, they work great out of the box!

You know I don't believe that and I have 3 TT PTO rigs
here to prove it, using one now (Corsair II at 14.250
and these guys are all talking about Dayton). Sounds
like they're taking a collection for W4AN this year.

I just love rebuilding the PTO's, it gives a great
feeling of accomplishment and makes you feel you have
more of a stake than just $$$ in the radios. Adds
plenty to the hobby here, to be able to get the hands
in the radio when the bands are May/June slow.

Anyway, Ten tec doesn't have that worm drive anymore,
but they rarely if ever fail. Those two pieces you
have are held together with 3 ball bearings and some
clever mechanics.

Sounds to me like you need the detailed instructions
sheet that Ten Tec provides, they'll mail one right
out for you.

That PTO is not at all delicate, a nice stable unit if
you grease it up right.

Good luck & have lots of fun - Don...

[TenTec] Triton II PTO Rebuild
from [bharen] [Permanent Link][Original]

Greetings All!

Anyone rebuilt a Triton II PTO lately?