RE: [TenTec] QSK with QSK-5PC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] QSK with QSK-5PC
From: <al_lorona@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:45:26 -0700

> Depends on the amplifier's relay close delay time, doesn't it?  That
> assumes you're using the QSK loop and the amp relay is keying
> the rig.
> So, in this case, it would be a fixed value depending on the
> individual
> amp.
>
>         73,  Duane

Hi, Duane. Well, you've got an interesting point. If it's a fixed value, then
as my CW speed increases, the relay delay time becomes a bigger and bigger
percentage of my inter-dit time, and at some speed that will cease to be QSK.

This brings up a point. Maybe a figure of merit for an amplifier would be the
maximum speed at which you can still hear in between dits.

I wonder which amp/rig combination is the fastest one out there right now? I
was hoping that the QSK aficionados would have already run through every amp on
the face of the earth and rated them according to this figure of merit.

Al  W6LX