Re: [TenTec] Peg/Jupiter contesting software

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Peg/Jupiter contesting software
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 05:41:42 -0500
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 10:14 PM

Tonight when I got home I confirmed that the Ten Tec Radios supported in WriteLog are the Delta II, Omni V/VI, Orion, and Pegasus. As pointed out by Carl the Pegasus is supported using a 'memory' interface which is a very slick way to do it. So I believe that this memory interface effectively includes most, if not all of the radios that he supports with his software.

No trace of the Jupiter in WL 10.47E, and no mention
of it in the 'what's new' text file for the versions
up to the most recent 10.51 either.

Also note that both the Pegasus and Kachina 505
choices are unique in that WriteLog does not attempt
to talk to the radio directly but instead through
another program.

Duane
N9DG

--- Carl Moreschi <n4py@earthlink.net> wrote:

Most logging program will work with the Pegasus only
with soem control
sofwtare to control the pegasus such as my n4py
software.  But the Jupiter
has two complete and different command sets.  It can
be a perfect pegasus
emulator or stand on its own with the Jupiter
command set.  many logging
program will interface direcly with the Jupiter
using the Jupiter command
set.

I know writelog and my program have a special memory
interface.  But I don't
know if writelog supports the jupiter command set.

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC