Re: [TenTec] RF in Audio Mods for Jupiter

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF in Audio Mods for Jupiter
From: Fred Lemley <flemley@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:05:38 -0700 (PDT)
I've had my Jupiter in operation with an amplifier for about a year
now.  I had some RF issues at first, but it really wasn't with the
radio.  It was my antenna installation that was the problem.  A simple
hand wound rf choke (8-10 turns, 6 inch diameter) at both ends of the
feedline to my ground mounted vertical (only 30 feet from the
transmitter) has eliminated the problem with rf in the audio with up to
near legal output on 80 thru 15 meters.  My experience with a Kenwood
TS850 at a different location was very similar...that leads me to
believe that the Jupiter has no more rf susceptibility (maybe a
different susceptibility) than other rigs.  Good luck...

73 de Fred K5QBX