Re: [TenTec] Software

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Software
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 08:06:07 -0600
I've used Ham Radio Deluxe without any trouble for rig control,
though it's logging capability is rather primitive.

For logging and casual rig control, I use DXBase 2007. Not cheap, but
excellent and very flexible. I *highly* recommend DXBase if you do
any awards chasing. It plays well with LotW.

For non-CW digital modes, I use HamScope and MixW. HamScope is free,
uses  MMTTY for the RTTY engine, and plays nice with DXBase. MixW
doesn't seem to play well with DXBase, but I haven't worked a lot with it..

I'm running all this (and more) on a mildly overclocked PIII that
makes it to 1 GHz easily, running XP, with a 500 GB NetCell RAID
(NetCell is kaput, but their RAID 3 adapter works very well), and 1
GB of RAM. It's an old machine, but does everything I need.

Kim Elmore, N5OP