Re: [TenTec] New generation ham's

To: "Rick Denney" <rick@rickdenney.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New generation ham's
From: "Lyle Dunlap" <qskqrq@grics.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:51:08 -0500
Old hams not being able to copy CW?  Old in age or old in terms of being
licensed. Which is it?  Or are both being  lumped together?  Big Difference

Equipment: some of the older will do what  some of the newer wont.

Key, bug, paddle, or keyboard, all basically do the same.  When one
graduates from " SEE SPOT RUN"  you can move up to a keyboard.  50 to 70 or
so WPM is good conversational speed. (full qsk of course)
Try that with some of the newer equipment.
I doubt if those knocking a keyboard still go to the grocery  store in a
horse and buggy.

Sometimes with some things its "time to move on"

No need to be sorry Marinus, not many of us (somewhat ot)  left. Some of the
newer fellows have 21st century technology and 18th well maybe 19th,
century operating habits. etc...etc...

 Lyle W9FCX

It has removed 24 spam emails to date.