Re: [TenTec] Omni C question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C question
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 14:24:30 -0400
pick up a pto rebuild kit.

who knows how long Ten Tec will be around let alone sell this rebuild
kit.

get one, put it away till if and when you need it.

the counter IC for the display is very expensive. Ten tec has a few, I
suspect they are pulls, but even at that, they're $100 or so. if the
chip goes kaput, you'll be lost without it!

Since most everything else is through hole construction, those parts
won't be an issue to find.

Cosmetic parts such as knobs and panels are not available now, so a
nice looking junker for parts would be on my wish list.

The old Omnis are a hoot to operate. I have several here and find I
use them more than the Omni VII.

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is
never sure.