[TenTec] Herc II followup

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Herc II followup
From: Michael Tortorella via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:21:27 -0600
Thank you to everyone for the thoughtful replies. Mainly the amp is not
switching properly. When I got it, it did not pass through properly when the
power was off, so I dug into the vacuum relay board and found some loose RCA
connectors. That cleared up, but switching still did not follow the CW input
( ave not tried it on SSB because I can't find my mic :-) ). I had a spare
control board so I replaced that but have not had that on the air yet. I
asked for repair advice because I am afraid that if the replacement control
board does not do the trick I am not sure what to do next.  I'll report back
as soon as I get to try the new setup. Meanwhile thanks again to everyone
for your thoughts and advice.
73, Michael W2IY