TopBand: SSB QRM

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: SSB QRM
From: grhosler1@mmm.com (grhosler1@mmm.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 12:38:34 -0500
I've been hearing some (USB) SSB QRM on 1.830 (in the mornings around 11-1200Z)
over the past few weeks.  The operators are speaking Spanish and don't seem to
be bothered by the CW.  I haven't seen any other comments here on the reflector
regarding this problem and am beginning to wonder if I am the only one that is
hearing it.  There have also been several US stations operating in the "JA"
window (at 1.910) that I have asked to move and had some success.  Apparently
they weren't aware of the bandplan and reluctantly moved.  This SSB stuff at
1.830 is a real concern!  These guys are almost always stronger than the CW
DX.  Am I the only one hearing this QRM or is everyone else just resigned to
work around it?

73 & GUD DX  de KN0Z  Gary