TopBand: CQ Europe and Africa

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: CQ Europe and Africa
From: LarryX_Tyree@ccm.co.intel.com (LarryX Tyree)
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 96 08:55:00 PDT
     Well, I am starting to wonder when the first QSO from N6TR to
     Europe/Africa will occur.  It is getting nice and dark around 03 and
     it seems that it should be possible to work western europe around
     their sunrise.

     However, it appears activity isn't very high right now.  There was an
     SV8 on last night around 0400 (his sunrise) but he was not audiable
     here.

     It would be wonderful to catch a west African station at their
     sunrise, but I know activity is a problem (no chance of the D6 here I
     am afraid).

     At any rate, I will try making some noise most evenings around 0400Z
     for an hour or so.  I am also logging into the packetcluster on the
     east coast (via the internet) to keep an eye on the band.  If anyone
     in Europe hears me and is unsuccessful in making a QSO, please let me
     know via e-mail.

     I have had good luck during the Spring equinox with QSOs into southern
     europe.  Hopefully the same thing will occur this month.

     73 Tree N6TR
     tree@contesting.com