TopBand: New Web Page - 5V5A

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: New Web Page - 5V5A
From: 100260.342@compuserve.com (Roger, G3SXW)
Date: 08 Sep 96 20:22:43 EDT
From:   Roger, G3SXW, 100260,342
        WB7SRW, >INTERNET:paulnyl@teleport.com
DATE:   08/09/96 23:49

RE:     Copy of: New Web Page - 5V5A

To: Various reflectors and DX magazines
From: Roger Western, G3SXW
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date: 8 September 1996

Announcing: The new 5V5A Web Site

As of today, everyone is invited to visit our new World-Wide Web
page for the upcoming expedition to Togo, in West Africa. We
hope you will enjoy reading about our plans. The site is at:

     http://www.getnet.com/~kf7ay/5v5a.html

The project itself is ambitious: a team of ten will enter the CQ
World-Wide DX CW Contest on November 23/24 from Togo,
signing 5V5A. Six stations will be installed along with 17
antennas on the hotel roof, to enter the multi-multi section.

The web page has information about Togo, each member of
the team, each of our previous expeditions, the WW contest,
operating site, transportation and logistics, our QSL routes
(including bureau requests via e-mail), tips on making a QSO
in the contest, best times and bands to work Togo from each
major area, and much more. The expertise of Dr Warren Hill,
KF7AY, who constructed the page provides attractive reading,
aided by many photographs, maps, QSL cards and graphics.
Thank you, Warren, for your enormous efforts.

As the project unfolds we will post updated news items to the
"Flash" section every few days. Please feel free to visit the site
from time to time to stay in touch.

Good luck to everybody in the contest. The Voodoo Contest
Group looks forward to working you again this November.

73 de Roger, G3SXW.