TopBand: Re: SSB QRM in Europe from OZ net

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: SSB QRM in Europe from OZ net
From: btippett@ctc.net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 18:46:04 -0400 (EDT)
Henrik, it is nice to know that Denmark has "pig farmers" also!
I thought we had them all in the USA.  For years, there was a
group very similar to what you describe that would operate on
1823 SSB in our local mornings (about 12-14 UTC).  1825-1820
is a prime area for Pacific and Far East DX and these guys
just refused to move saying it was their right, etc.  Finally,
I don't know why, they moved to 1819 where they bother no one.
Maybe it was because JA's started QSX'ing 1820-1825 and they
did not like all the QRM?

Note to EU:  1830-40 is perfectly clear here so why don't you
just transmit there and QSX on a clear frequency down the band?

                                        73,  Bill  W0ZV