TopBand: Inverted-L question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Inverted-L question
From: n0dh@comtch.iea.com (Dave Henderson, (Nawvemburr Zeeero Dawg House))
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 15:48:42 -0700
Dave Hockaday wrote:

> Hi Doug and the rest of the group. Would an inverted-L, installed with the
> top of the L section at 100 ft, offer any significant improvement in low
> angle radiation over an inverted V installed at 100'?

Dave Hockaday

IMHO the inverted L would be a better DX antenna on 160 meters
(most of the time). Put up both of them for a while and A/B switch
them back and forth to convince your self. You know the drill
Antenna #1.......Heeeelllllllooooowwwwwwww
Antenna #2.......Heeeelllllllooooowwwwwwww

I do recall from doing some simulations a few years back that the farther
you can get the Inverted L from the tower the better. On the other hand
if I had a 100 tower I'd probably be thinking about just shunt feeding
the tower instead...

Dave Henderson
Soon to be "the ham formerly known as N0DH

PS: Dave I see you and I have the same initials, the call N0DH should be
available in two years ~8^)