TopBand: Bonding Rohn Tower Sections

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Bonding Rohn Tower Sections
From: nx1g@top.monad.net (Craig Clark)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 13:05:27 -0500
At 09:15 AM 9/28/96 EDT, you wrote:
>     I'm using some Rohn 25G tower as a vertical and was wondering
>if someone has a suggestion for making a good RF connection between
>the sections.  I would prefer not to rely on the leg bolts.
>
>                               Thanks   Ken KE9A

Personally, I would not waste the time. My tower has been up for 15+ years,
I never bonded the legs and it still works fine. However, if you want to do
it, get grounding clamps for large pipe and tinned cable. Bridge each joint
with a clmap and then bond them together.

It's a lot of extra work.

73 Craig
                        Craig Clark
                     soon to be ex-NX1G
        send me e-mail and I'll put you on our mailing list
                        Radio Bookstore
        Books for Amateur Radio, SWL and CB Radio Operators
                        (603) 899 6957
                        (603) 899 6826 fax
                        PO Box 209
                        Rindge, NH 03461