TopBand: A "big" Magnetic Loop Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: A "big" Magnetic Loop Antenna
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 02:42:14 -0400 (EDT)
Reminds me of one morning back around 1980 when Mike VK6HD and I were in QSO
on 80m. Mike had given me a 579 report but suddenly on one over he said my
signal had dropped to S5 but he still copied everything OK. It was then I
noticed that my last transmission had been on the 200-foot West beverage, 8
feet high instead of the vertical! In those days I had to manually switch
the beverage each transmission. Some day I'll have to try working Mike with
a smaller antenna, hi...73/Jon AA1K