TopBand: Gentleman's agreements/band plans

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Gentleman's agreements/band plans
From: wb4iuy@ipass.net (Dave Hockaday)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 09:31:48 -0400 (EDT)
>Does anyone have any idea who these people on 1.830Mhz using Upper
>Sideband are? They start around 1015Z and are speaking Japanese but don't
>sound like the fishing boats that have appeared on 80 over the years. I
>don't get any real azimuth direction from them (one of the drawbacks of
>short beverages.)

Hi Ralph and gang. Being relatively new to 160 (only my second year on the
band), I have a question. I've been hearing regular stateside ragchews on
1812, 1816, 1832, and 1840 lsb. I thought the following was common in the
states:

1800-1820 = Stateside CW ragchewing
1820-1830 = CW DX windows
1830-1840 = CW and Phone DX window
1840-1850 = Phone DX window
1850-1880 = Stateside SSB
1880-1900 = AM
1910-?? JA window

I'm sure I'm way off. Could someone more experienced post a crude plan for
us "greenhorns". I just thought the phone operations I mentioned in the
first part of the post was in the wrong place. Maybe not...

Dave Hockaday WB4IUY
wb4iuy@ipass.net

http://www.ipass.net/~hockaday/
http://www.ipass.net/~wb4iuy/