TopBand: 160 Magic: Right Place--Right Time

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160 Magic: Right Place--Right Time
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 00:24:46 -0500
  Tonight has been a struggle from the center of the states,
particularly hearing the east coast having an easy time.  The high
static level didn't help either.  Most European and Asian (4X4NJ)
stations were around the noise level.  Africa was a bit better.
I didn't hear much stateside activity further west...

  Then at 0420Z (20 Oct) I heard a loud CQ.  I was surprised to find
the call was SP2WDM.  He was 579 and I was his only caller.  However,
by the end of the QSO at 0424 he was down to 349.  I later heard him
recover to 559, but the "right time" was over and he never regained
"local strength..."

73,  Bill    K0HA