TopBand: Radial Installation Tip

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Radial Installation Tip
From: kc4wq@galileo.mis.net (Buddy Sohl)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 10:48:00 -0400
lsmith wrote:

> I used "fence staples" about one and a half inches long. These are U
> shaped "nails" with 2 sharpened ends, (from here on, I'll use the

IF you have to cut the grass or have small children the bobbi pin idea
may be a bit safer.  A mower could run over or spit out a bobbi pin with
less chance of a flat tire or injured bystander than fence staples.
Just a thought.

Personally if it can be done, I prefer to cut the grass almost gone and
then lay all the radials on the ground (bending at the end to secure)
and bringing in a couple of tons of topsoil and reseeding.  Not usually
cost effective but at least the YL thinks you're doing all the lawn work
you promised.

--
73 de KC4WQ
Buddy